Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 25-02-16, 20:04
Senior Citizen

redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kano nordie View Post
But David you will only be 80 years young, unlike the rest of us old geriatrics
You are too kind, sadly when you start steering using the Braille method it might be time to stop.....lol.....
Old 25-02-16, 20:30
Craig Powers OMS2000M ZZR

Craig Powers is on a distinguished road
I am worried about a further implication to this ruling.

If a car is presented for scrutineering and is deemed ineligible for that class (e.g. non-standard engine) then it can get bumped into the catch-all Sports Libre class. However this now requires FIA Homologation harnesses. So if a car has a 4 point harnesses, or lap and diagonal, then they will not be allowed to run even if the car is presented in road going condition. Do you agree?
Old 25-02-16, 20:35
Out

Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Powers View Post
I am worried about a further implication to this ruling.

If a car is presented for scrutineering and is deemed ineligible for that class (e.g. non-standard engine) then it can get bumped into the catch-all Sports Libre class. However this now requires FIA Homologation harnesses. So if a car has a 4 point harnesses, or lap and diagonal, then they will not be allowed to run even if the car is presented in road going condition. Do you agree?
Sports libre has required a 5 point harness for a long time...at least I thought it did, although could have just been a recommendation. The homologated thing is new though, and I'm not sure it's needed. In truth though I suspect that many scrutineers will use their discretion on the matter.
Old 25-02-16, 20:52
Ex Radical owner

Radical has a spectacular aura about Radical has a spectacular aura about
The Scrutineers have no discretion on defined safety matters. The can make judgements based on condition and wear but not on mandated dates and type of belts etc.

If the worst should happen the MSA Insurance would be invalid and they could find themselves held personally liable.

Last edited by Radical; 25-02-16 at 21:13.
Old 25-02-16, 20:56
Out

Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
Tje Scrutineers have no discretion on defined saftey matters. The can make judgements based on condition and wear but not on mandated dates and type of belts etc.

I the worst should happen the MSA Insurance would be invalid and they could find themselves held personally liable.
I didn't say that they were supposed to
Old 25-02-16, 22:38

lakeslad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Imagination View Post
Well said Mark, have you installed the 150 mph top gear?

Yes it was in for last years sprint, and she happily pulled it on the back straight..... Just got my entry sorted for this years sprint and a few hill climbs so I'll see you back on the hills Tim......regards Mark...
Old 26-02-16, 00:05

Lolat492 will become famous soon enough Lolat492 will become famous soon enough
The seat in my Libre Lola is undated, thus how do you 'date' life it?

Just about to check those seat belts custom made for the car, 5 point, 5 years ago....
Old 26-02-16, 00:20
Craig Powers OMS2000M ZZR

Craig Powers is on a distinguished road
I read elsewhere that 5 points will not be FIA compliant beyond 2018 so be careful what you buy.
Old 26-02-16, 04:08

kano nordie will become famous soon enough kano nordie will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by redturner37 View Post
You are too kind, sadly when you start steering using the Braille method it might be time to stop.....lol.....
I had my eyes renewed, much better since with results to back it up
John
Old 26-02-16, 09:22

Nick Skidmore will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeslad View Post
I have had to buy a new belt and I think it's madness, scruts should look at the condition of the belt and if it's involved in a big crash cut the labels off rendering it useless. The age thing is just a money maker, car manufactures don't ask you to replace your belts every five years and the belts sit in a heated car with sunlight though the window, so they age in sunlight story is rubbish. You could turn up in a ten fifteen year old Subaru or Evo in road going on seat belts and still have as big a crash as a sports libre car, but your seat belt at ten plus years old is classed as ok.
I've yet to see a valid reason for lifeing belts, I have bought new belts cause I like the sport but some times someone has to ask why??.....see you at the BSC Croft...
Glass and plastic block all UV light which is what damages plastics (you can't get a tan in a green house!). Just shows that there might have been some thought gone into these regs. that the layman might not appreciate until all facts are known.