Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 29-02-16, 08:12
#UNLEARN

grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
The first event will be amazing. All these cars with brand new belts, helmets, FHR, rops, tyres. It'll be like an F1 meeting.
Old 29-02-16, 08:33
Craig Powers OMS2000M ZZR

Craig Powers is on a distinguished road
I suspect quite a few will be going home without turning a wheel Graham. Some will not know about the various rule changes. As it was pointed out earlier, HANS/FHR stole the limelight and the other rule changes slipped by unnoticed.
Old 29-02-16, 09:54

Adam is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwiltshire View Post
I'm aware of that but it will be required in Mod spec prod running slicks which is where I intend to go.
It's not, only sports libre and racing cars require them.
Old 29-02-16, 10:10

stevieturbo will become famous soon enough stevieturbo will become famous soon enough
And what if it's a road car forced into Libre because of an engine swap ?

Can engine swap cars run in any other category ?
Old 29-02-16, 10:25

autosportdev is on a distinguished road
If it's this complicated for people who compete every year how are new people expected to be able top comply.
Old 29-02-16, 11:19

Lolat492 will become famous soon enough Lolat492 will become famous soon enough
There is a first-timer on a Porsche site I frequent, just got his B Licence.
Tried to read the BB to see what is what on helmet etc and has cried for a simple list of what to buy.

It is a turn-off.

He wants to hillclimb his road spec 356.
Old 29-02-16, 11:23

stevieturbo will become famous soon enough stevieturbo will become famous soon enough
It almost seems the only cheap consistent way of running...will be in a totally standard road car, where most of the nonsense rules dont apply ?
Old 29-02-16, 12:15

RennyT will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport View Post
May I suggest that if you feel strongly that the MSA has not fully explained the consequence of belts having to be FIA homologated (ie, it was not stated that this would result in belts having a finite life) then you should raise this directly with a member of the Sprint & Hillclimb sub-committee ASAP. They are your representatives in the rule making process.
Unless you register your dissatisfaction directly, such poor communication could continue year after year because they won't know just how much feeling there is among competitors.
QUOTE]

I agree. One of the biggest problems Speed events seem to have is a lack of communication and consultation between the Committee and Competitors.

QUOTE=lakeslad;122461]I think both Graham and I fully understand the wording of the ruling and the fact the RAC, who are supposed to represent us the competitor, have fallen in line with the FIA, but the question is WHY, and for What technical reason, belts don't deteriorate, I agree if involved in a collision scructineer should cut the belts age label rendering it useless. But and it's just an observation people don't replace cages after an off and some are big offs in rallying, but cages are unlifed, I am in no way saying they should be lifed just pointing out the odd rules"........
The reason Scrutineers are not allowed to "destroy" a competitor's equipment is that we could then be seen to have damage someone's property and be held liable. That has been a directive to us from the MSA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolat492 View Post
Be funny to see a scrute checking if your under pants are dated and with the right numbers:
We already do at International events. Most of us prefer if it has been laundered before we get it to check the labels.

I have had to check Jodie Kidd's racewear at an International

Unfortunately she wasn't wearing it at the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyslim View Post
why can't our "log books" be actually used to keep a log of things, i.e. every event you do. that way any scrute can see how many events our safety gear has done and then life it accordingly, i presume every item has an individual serial number which can be entered into the log book or if not why not. the log book would then do something more useful than lining kit bags
Doesn't work if you use your safety kit at other events. Do you expect the Scrutineers to record how long each car runs for, what about testing? However, it should be recorded in the CCLB if the car is involved in a major shunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
And what if it's a road car forced into Libre because of an engine swap ?

Can engine swap cars run in any other category ?
If a car is moved to Libre because of a diiferent engine block (which isn't permitted in Production or Modified), or any other reason (such as aero not complying), the Organiser may allow the entrant to move into a different class which includes Libre. Then it needs to comply with Libre Regulations. If it doesn't meet the Libre Regulations, the Scrutineer should notify the Clerk of the Course that it doesn't comply.
Old 29-02-16, 15:47

fatboyslim has a spectacular aura about fatboyslim has a spectacular aura about
i can see what you're getting at renny but if you mean other non MSA events its got nowt to do with them . our lass for instance likes me to wear my helmet and overalls in bed,that way she thinks i'm an F1 superstar, that's an event in itself (tickets available at reasonable cost....sickbags optional),she's even asked for my new harness as the old handcuffs are not FIA approved and out of date. any MSA event of any discipline gets entered into your book at scrutineering, surely its better than nothing?
Old 29-02-16, 16:52

AshM is on a distinguished road
Is this mod 'prod'