Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 30-06-17, 14:41

Colinm is on a distinguished road
Hi Richard
I run a '67 Sprite and asked the same question of the eligibility scrutineer at Loton Park and the answer was No! Shame, 'cos there's quite a weight saving to be had there!
If you did remove the bumpers I suspect you would not be challenged on it unless you started beating people!
My son and I share my Sprite so, even though we're often the slowest on the hill, we still have our own contest and our own PBs to aim for (it's currently Dad in pole position!). We also console ourselves that we get more actual track time than everyone else! Above all else, it's great fun!
It would be great to see another Spridget in class 1a <1400 cc at Loton. Perhaps if I came down to Prescott we could start our own private two-hills championship!
Looking forward to seeing you out there and reading about how you get on on Uphill Racers.
Best of Luck
Colin
Old 30-06-17, 18:56

Richard Ford is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinm View Post
Hi Richard
I run a '67 Sprite and asked the same question of the eligibility scrutineer at Loton Park and the answer was No! Shame, 'cos there's quite a weight saving to be had there!
If you did remove the bumpers I suspect you would not be challenged on it unless you started beating people!
My son and I share my Sprite so, even though we're often the slowest on the hill, we still have our own contest and our own PBs to aim for (it's currently Dad in pole position!). We also console ourselves that we get more actual track time than everyone else! Above all else, it's great fun!
It would be great to see another Spridget in class 1a <1400 cc at Loton. Perhaps if I came down to Prescott we could start our own private two-hills championship!
Looking forward to seeing you out there and reading about how you get on on Uphill Racers.
Best of Luck
Colin
Thank you for your reply Colin.
I don't think there would be any danger of me actually beating anybody! Like you, I also would be doing it for fun above all else. I'm attending the Prescott driving school on Wednesday. I'll either come back buzzing or I'll think I don't want to have a go.
I had a look at the blue book online the other day. I must admit to finding a lot of it very confusing. Hopefully it'll start to make more sense soon. It's great getting some positive comments from people like yourself. Roll on Wednesday.

Regards, Rich
Old 01-07-17, 11:31

RichardBrant will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Ford View Post
I'm attending the Prescott driving school on Wednesday. I'll either come back buzzing or I'll think I don't want to have a go.
You'l absolutely love it I did my first Prescott drivers school back in 2010 and I've never looked back

Steve Day was my instructor I'm sure he still does it now too.

Rich
Old 01-07-17, 11:59

Richard Ford is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBrant View Post
You'l absolutely love it I did my first Prescott drivers school back in 2010 and I've never looked back

Steve Day was my instructor I'm sure he still does it now too.

Rich
Hi Rich
I'm sure I will love it, I can't wait to get there.