Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 29-06-17, 09:53

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Once you get your Nat B license and start running the car at events talk to the scrutineers about logbooking. You can make arrangements in advance to have it done at an event but it may be easier to take the car to an event you are not running in and have the Scrutes logbook it then.
Old 29-06-17, 10:45

firepete999 is on a distinguished road
will look forward to seeing it at lydden
Old 29-06-17, 10:53
Senior Citizen

redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about
Not aware if your age or when you passed your driving test but to tow a trailer you must have the B+E endorsement on the licence.....
Old 29-06-17, 12:38
Don't lift !

E5_DCB is on a distinguished road
How can he run that on a non race B licence ? Trying to think from whats available on the midland hills .There are so many different classes for sprints and Hill climbs. It would almost be easier to run a normal road car to get your 4 sigs to upgrade to an A License ( But i think this would fall into an A open)?
Old 29-06-17, 12:54

Rob Stevens will become famous soon enough
There is an A licence get out for sports libra if the car is run in a road going condition, this sort of makes sense. This is vary rarely seen however. Picture a Ford GT40, clearly a sports racing car yet can be driven to the event.
Old 29-06-17, 13:10
Don't lift !

E5_DCB is on a distinguished road
Ah yes understand now
Old 29-06-17, 15:06

BusaBeez is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwrcfiesta View Post
That's what I plan on doing mate, I'm from Essex so need to wait for something local ish to me,

I may go along and see one of my mates sprint in his Megabusa, think he is actually doing a sprint at lydden hill in July so may pop along with him to that one
Hi Kinz! Yup I'm there at Lydden on 15th July definitely pop a long to see what it's all about on the day and have a look at the eclectic mix of cars that compete.

Would be great to see your car out doing the sprints, and you'll enjoy it as plenty of time between runs to polish it

Beez
Old 29-06-17, 19:24

RichardBrant will become famous soon enough
Hi Marc

I've watched you build this up from the start on the PassionFord glad you've decided to Hillcimb it, I'm sure it will go well in Libre.

From an ex fellow YB powered driver.

Rich
Old 29-06-17, 23:11

Jwrcfiesta is on a distinguished road
Thanks for all the reply's

Beez - I'm prettt sure il come along to watch and maybe drive the fiesta down for a run

Rich - Hello mate, hope alls well & maybe il see you at an event in the future

With regards to my age & towing - I missed out by a year or 2 on the grandfather rights so done my B+E last year and have a ford ranger to tow with and will be buying either a Brian James c4 or a4 at the end of this year

With regards a few things about the car.......

Yes it only has a hydraulic handbrake with a manual flip over toothed style ratchet to keep it engaged, this has always passed mot and they have never said anything but if an independent handbrake is required to run it as road going class then that is out of the question as I'm not messing around fitting handbrake calipers and cables etc

The roof spoiler is adjustable and tonight I ran a straight bar across the roof with a spirit level and it is only just higher so a miner tweak downwards will get that within regs

My cosworth Yb engine is retro fitted with a drive by wire throttle body and the blue book 2016 states only factory fitted as original 2 the engine or with return springs to close throttle if it fails! Well the Yb never had DBW and there are no returns springs visible as it's all built in! I have a proper 2 way Giles and penny throttle sensor all set up on the f88 ECU to fail safe etc so not sure if that would be acceptable?

I have 5 point harnesses now so that's fine or I can change them to 6 point.

My rollcage is a custom caged fiesta international cage but with lots of extras here and there so is all built to correct dia and wall thickness but I don't have any certificate etc?

If I can't get a NAT A open licence without getting signatures on the NAT B licence but the car can't be run in road going class due to the above then is the car no good to sprint in?

Can the car be log booked to run?

Sorry for all the questions

Maybe I could Find a local scrutineer or show the car to someone at lydden hill if I drive it down there?

Thanks
Marc
Old 30-06-17, 07:12

Lolat492 will become famous soon enough Lolat492 will become famous soon enough
Take it to Llyden and have the car 'pre log booked' to get answers to all those questions.
Many hill and sprint scrutes do other Motorsport events so you might find one who can delve deeper into the throttle engineering.
As to the Rops, all you need is a certificate from the designer,fabricator to verify the type of steel used as the Scrute can measure the diameters of the key tubes.

We all have been though some of these issues in some shape or another when you turn up with a new car be it a complex car like yours or an old converted circuit car like mine on points and coil and distributor!

Well worth doing your homework and a scrutineer visit now.
Let us know how you get on.
Graham.