Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-10, 08:44

KBS-CVT is on a distinguished road
Karts at Hill Climbs and Sprints

Reference the previous thread on this subject, see the final post, I am amazed at the numbers of karters interested to try the Hills & Sprinting.

To ensure I have a representative list of those interested in competing, can they please Email me at : karts@hillclimbandsprint.co.uk

I will be presenting the list of those interested to the HSA Championship Committee with a view of at least having a "Demo" run of Karts this year at one of our meetings.
Old 04-08-10, 09:14

AndyBougourd is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBS-CVT View Post
Reference the previous thread on this subject, see the final post, I am amazed at the numbers of karters interested to try the Hills & Sprinting.

To ensure I have a representative list of those interested in competing, can they please Email me at : karts@hillclimbandsprint.co.uk

I will be presenting the list of those interested to the HSA Championship Committee with a view of at least having a "Demo" run of Karts this year at one of our meetings.
I would check with MSA first, in Guernsey they have to have a Kart race licence
Old 04-08-10, 18:43
Senior Citizen

redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about
In the 10 posts in the Kart section at another place, which was started by Kwik, not many people seem to have jumped in offering support. He seemed more intent on pointing out that Karts are not on the hills anymore because they kept beating the single seaters and the drivers complained and the karters lost interest..Mmmm, it will be interesting to see how many are really interested and if any Clubs are ready to offer a class..........
Old 16-11-11, 03:10

EdCherry is on a distinguished road
Whats the outcome of this?

Sorry for the bump but im interested.
Old 16-11-11, 09:00

Well I have finally given up on my effort to have Karts initially at Sprints and eventually up the Hills.

There is too much opposition from the MSA to run these at the same event.

If there is an enterprising Kart Club out there, it appears that using a seperate permit there COULD be a car meeting in the morning and a kart meeting in the afternoon sharing the cost of hire of a venue. Lydden do this successfully with a sprint followed by a race meeting. Different officials required to run the 2 meetings

Any Kart Club interested, please contact me.
Old 16-11-11, 09:32
Senior Citizen

redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about redturner37 has a spectacular aura about
These clubs must be running very small entries for the cars as almost without exception, every meeting I have ever attended it has taken all morning to get practice out of the way.....
Old 16-11-11, 12:42

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
The British Sprint Championship has shared venues with the Super Karts (Mallory Park, Silverstone Stowe and Cadwell Park). As far as Hillclimbs are concerned I doubt that a license would be granted by the MSA for Karts to use any of the current venues without major safety changes which would probably make the proposal out of the question on financial grounds alone.

It may be possible to include a Kart Class at a venue where the Karts race but it may need two licenses.
Old 16-11-11, 15:54
Senior Citizen

re

I enjoyed watching the KBS-CVT competing at Thoresby Park, just need a few more and you could get yourself a class. If the karts aren't interested then leave them to it and get some more like yours to join in.....
Old 16-11-11, 16:00

tombrown is on a distinguished road
The Superkarts often race on the same programme as cars in circuit racing - this year they were at Thruxton and Silverstone when we were there for Clubmans.
I wonder if they needed a separate permit then?

I mentioned hillclimbing to a couple of kart drivers at Silverstone who seemed keen on the idea, and were aware of the karts hillclimbing in the Channel Isles.

I guess if Bouley and V-D-T are licensed for Karts it shouldn't be too hard to get some of the mainland hills licensed?

It would be great to see!
Old 16-11-11, 16:43

Tom

Over to you then - I have spent 2 years on trying to get them at sprints within a car event but there is a BIG resitance out there.

The MSA will not even consider them at a car event let alone at a Hillclimb.

OK the only answer at present is to go to the Channel Isles where they will be welcomed with open arms.

However PLEASE DONT use the CI hillclimb karts as an example in any discussion since they do NOT want to loose their present exemption.

And Red Turner - be on the lookout next year for KBS-CVT's BIG brother !!