Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-15, 20:24

Rob Stevens will become famous soon enough
I think the problem of defining road legal is the problem, you will end up with race tyres with the 'competition only' mysteriously buffed off?

And other odd ball tyres like remoulds that may well present an easy route into a bespoke hill climb compound. I don't think that is something any one would want.

I've been there before lists were used in the Midland and took full advantage of the vague wording.

So how about a control tyre? Might be worth dropping a line to a few tyre suppliers.
Old 08-06-15, 21:52

stevieturbo will become famous soon enough stevieturbo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Stevens View Post
I think the problem of defining road legal is the problem, you will end up with race tyres with the 'competition only' mysteriously buffed off?

And other odd ball tyres like remoulds that may well present an easy route into a bespoke hill climb compound. I don't think that is something any one would want.

I've been there before lists were used in the Midland and took full advantage of the vague wording.

So how about a control tyre? Might be worth dropping a line to a few tyre suppliers.
And the easy way around that...is E marked tyres only.

Which is always the easiest solution for all. If there were some obscure tyres that were also deemed to be road legal and not E-marked, then these could be the basis for a list.

There is no vague or ambiguity about E marked. They either are or they arent.

No resorting to lists, no disputes, no arguments. And it also means people arent forced to buy tyres from lists they simply dont want, and whislt it is a extreme example, if a Veyron did turn up, which undoubtedly their tyres would not be on any lists...E marked would cover them too.

It would be a nonsense to turn away completely standard factory road cars from a road car category.
Old 13-06-15, 08:27

keefr22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
Road rallies permit use of non-emarked tyres, because C&U regs say we can. This has always been the case.
Not in Wales anymore. Only e-marked tyres now allowed on road rallies in the whole of Wales;

November 2014
"To All WAMC Member Clubs
URGENT NOTICE
Following the Annual Police meeting, (which took place last Wednesday 29th October 2014, and was attended by representatives of the WAMC, the MSA, RLOs, FLOs, Dyfed Powys Police,South Wales Police, Gwent Police, North Wales Police and West Mercia Police), I have been asked to inform everyone that, with immediate effect, ALL vehicles, competing on ROAD
RALLIES in Wales, MUST be fitted with “E” marked tyres only."