Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Tech Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Tech Talk For questions & answers and regarding PC's, Operating Systems, Connections and all things computer related. Apple Mac not spoken here.

Old 06-12-17, 06:38

kano nordie will become famous soon enough kano nordie will become famous soon enough
I ordered a battery for a bike and payed money to Paypal some years ago, the seller was never paid, I did not get my battery and Paypal did not refund me or answer any emails, they are crooks, do not use, whenever any body asks me to use this method of payment I always give this explanation and offer to pay by bank transfer.
John
Old 06-12-17, 19:35

paul martin is on a distinguished road
We use PayPal every day with no issues at all. There very good as long as it's used correctly.
If you are new to BTDBTDBTDBTD tHey will hold for 21 days or till positive feed back is left.
Bank transfers are only good for people you know and trust as you can't get the money back if there's a problem.
Old 06-12-17, 21:50
British Sprint Champ09/10

Nick A is on a distinguished road
I've used PayPal and it can be absolutely fine but you can also get done over by buyers who know the system. So for large value sale like a car I would only do these by cash or BACS. ie I sold a car recently for a few thousand on BTDBTDBTDBTD but buyer couldn't collect. He paid a deposit by PayPal to secure the deal, think it was ? 200. Then he paid the rest by BACS to my account and I arranged delivery of the car to him. I did give him enough of my details so that he could do some checks to see I was a genuine guy. Oh and he was delighted with the car (classic)
Old 06-12-17, 22:06

firepete999 is on a distinguished road
i would not take payment via paypal . tell him to cancel it and pay cash. to many loop holes for him to do a runner .

i sold engine on the bay via paypal the bloke collected it left good feed back then reversed the credit card deal via paypal and said he never received item . your only covered if delivered to there address via correct procedure . even though paypal knew he was committing fraud my account was locked for 3months until i had to claim money back via bank credit card company . police was not interested nor BTDBTDBTDBTD nor paypal .
Old 06-12-17, 23:21

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
I had this with a pair of speakers where the buyer paid and sent round a van the same day to collect. I wasn't going to release anyway so sent the van driver away away. I then sent him a message saying the speakers were collected as we agreed and he promptly removed the loot. Never heard from him again.

I have had the situation where PayPal did act as escrow agents and had no issue with the money release but it is a bear garden out there so be wary.
Old 06-12-17, 23:24

rustyracer is on a distinguished road
Yes definitely a scam sent the money back insisted on cod or transfer never heard back crap PayPal system to open for abuse. 10 years on the bay never had money go on hold.
Old 06-12-17, 23:26

firepete999 is on a distinguished road
i always buy on the bay . but never sell anymore