Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Engine & Chassis
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 22-04-17, 12:42

tkm_dave is on a distinguished road
Geartronics Setup Mystery - Worked Fine Last Season

Righty, after a fair bit of engine woes I've just about got the car ready for a trackday tomorrow. Problem is the Geartronics has an issue knowing which gear it's in. All gear positions calibrated fine, but the display on the calibration screen doesn't know which gear it's actually in, it shows an asterisk * rather than the gear number or letter. Anyone seen this issue before? Any ideas how to resolve it?

The GCU appears to get the signal from the sensor fine as the needle on the calibration wheel points perfectly at the selected band for each gear when manually changing gears. Why that isn't translating in to a gear number I'm not entirely sure.

Doesn't sound like much, but it means the GCU can't do half shifts for R-N-1 (and less importantly it blips on downshifts even 1st to N/R).

Last edited by tkm_dave; 22-04-17 at 13:19.
Old 22-04-17, 13:23

tkm_dave is on a distinguished road
Neil at Geartronics is a legend, product service on a weekend is worth its weight in gold!

The Asterisk denotes limp mode is enabled, so only very basic settings are used. Dodgy switch causing the GCU to go in to safe mode. Now rectified.

Will leave this topic here in case anyone ever searches for the same sort of issue. Heaven forbid someone else should have a case of muppetitis like myself!