Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 16-08-17, 22:04
red21's Avatar
red21 red21 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Forest
Posts: 273
red21 is on a distinguished road
Any rules you think you may like to have..

As not to go of topic on the tyre warming/spinning thread I started this one.

I agree that all cars should have on board starting systems that are capable of starting the engine without external assistance.
I would also go a few steps further & say that all vehicles must leave their allocated paddock space when called in a condition that they intend drive it i.e. no tyre wrap but brushing of tyres with a coarse brush would be allowed to clear pickup, and that the starter system must be capable of multiple repeated starts.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-08-17, 22:21
rupturedduck's Avatar
rupturedduck rupturedduck is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somerset
Posts: 216
rupturedduck is on a distinguished road
I see nothing unreasonable there.
__________________
It's not a car. It's an incline assault vehicle
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-08-17, 22:54
Edmundo2's Avatar
Edmundo2 Edmundo2 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 304
Edmundo2 is on a distinguished road
Unless you pass through the barn due to red flag at Harewood....
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-08-17, 23:21
Edmundo2's Avatar
Edmundo2 Edmundo2 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 304
Edmundo2 is on a distinguished road
Miss read that. Agree - a quick course brush approaching start would be ideal to clean pick up. No tyre warming in order to save venues from nimbys.,( which is a shame as I'm sure the majority of spectators enjoy the noise and drama and drivers enjoy it as psychological build up times ).

eQUOTE=Edmundo2;141824]Unless you pass through the barn due to red flag at Harewood....[/QUOTE]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 17-08-17, 08:00
Roger Jordan's Avatar
Roger Jordan Roger Jordan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: North Devon
Posts: 102
Roger Jordan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by red21 View Post
As not to go of topic on the tyre warming/spinning thread I started this one.

I agree that all cars should have on board starting systems that are capable of starting the engine without external assistance.
I would also go a few steps further & say that all vehicles must leave their allocated paddock space when called in a condition that they intend drive it i.e. no tyre wrap but brushing of tyres with a coarse brush would be allowed to clear pickup, and that the starter system must be capable of multiple repeated starts.
Seems perfect common sense to me
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-08-17, 08:10
team knifedge's Avatar
team knifedge team knifedge is offline
Return of The Sith
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: I can hear The World Famous
Posts: 1,056
team knifedge will become famous soon enough team knifedge will become famous soon enough
Whilst I understand the on board starter thoughts, I'm not convinced of the benefit....I've seen many a road car with on board starting struggle to re-start on the line when hot....and Steve Marr can't package said request in the Saxon....
as I said before - the tyre wrappers amongst us just need to have a process in place to ensure they are ready in a timely fashion....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 17-08-17, 08:39
Steve Wilkinson's Avatar
Steve Wilkinson Steve Wilkinson is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southport
Posts: 4,338
Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by red21 View Post
I would also go a few steps further & say that all vehicles must leave their allocated paddock space when called in a condition that they intend drive it i.e. no tyre wrap but brushing of tyres with a coarse brush would be allowed to clear pickup, and that the starter system must be capable of multiple repeated starts.
As I said in another thread "Maybe what is needed is a cleaner Paddock, assembly area and return road or holding paddock. That way tyres are not picking up a load of stones etc." That would include the access road at Harewood as it is effectively a "return road".
__________________
He was stopped stationary - James Hunt
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 17-08-17, 08:52
bentimingstrut's Avatar
bentimingstrut bentimingstrut is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 309
bentimingstrut will become famous soon enough
The rule of not cleaning tyres would be the unfair to competitors parked on the grass on slicks . Parking on a hard surface would give an advantage if Tyre cleaning was disallowed.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 17-08-17, 09:01
grahamb's Avatar
grahamb grahamb is offline
#UNLEARN
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Fordshire
Posts: 3,937
grahamb will become famous soon enough grahamb will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentimingstrut View Post
The rule of not cleaning tyres would be the unfair to competitors parked on the grass on slicks . Parking on a hard surface would give an advantage if Tyre cleaning was disallowed.
A groundsheet would sort that problem out
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 17-08-17, 10:02
postman postman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Devon
Posts: 9
postman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson View Post
As I said in another thread "Maybe what is needed is a cleaner Paddock, assembly area and return road or holding paddock. That way tyres are not picking up a load of stones etc." That would include the access road at Harewood as it is effectively a "return road".
Crikey Steve, I guess you must be a regular volunteer marshal and can supply an army of others to tackle this huge task along with all the other work required in people's spare time to put on an event?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyrightę 2007-2017 www.uphillracers.com