Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-17, 12:39

postman is on a distinguished road
Is there any possibility of sending a tube forwards from the centre of the roll over bar to a point on the transmission tunnel, somewhere to the rear left of the gear lever, like on the Ginetta G4? It doesn't get in the way at all .
Old 12-06-17, 23:03

Dave.S is on a distinguished road
Can I suggest you give my son a call at ZRS Engineering as he can make you a rollcage to fit within your soft top and hard top and still conform to MSA regs.

Contact Matthew on 07814 148784 or email matt@zrs-engineering.com
Old 13-06-17, 13:36

Dan Friel will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by magicaltrev View Post
There'd be no issue running a hardtop in addition to the soft top, just that I can't legally remove the soft top.

I don't quite understand your second point, here's a GCF rollbar, it's similar to the TR Lane. Are you saying that the lack of rear triangulation wouldn't bother you?
Tbh, I probably trust the OEM fitted roll hoops more (which would have been tested at length by the manufacturer. I would be stunned if someone protested because you'd removed the hood to provide a more comprehensive (and heavier) safety bar.

There's a few Mk3s that compete already, is it worth tracking one of the owners down to see how they've managed?? Sandy Smith is pretty quick in his, but can't recall what he's done to the roll hoops, if anything (fairly certain he still runs with the hood in place).

I'm in a similar situation where I have a Fiat Barchetta. Would love to give it a go, but now resigned that it's just not possible with the car (no roll protection).
Old 13-06-17, 16:15

magicaltrev is on a distinguished road
Sandy is in a similar situation to me. He's watching the solution as, I'm sure, he'd like better protection. He's using the OEM solution.
There was another chap at the sprint on Saturday with either the TR Lane or GCF roll hoop. I had a nosey but I wasn't convinced that it's safe.

I completely agree that it's unlikely that anybody would protest the removal of the soft top to fit a cage but somebody COULD, and I'd hate to spend all the money to find I get excluded from a championship.