Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > General > Literature
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Literature Discussion of books and hillclimb/sprint related writings, and for FLoads to regail us on the happenings in his weekly Beano.

Old 28-07-15, 18:24

JMLBrown will become famous soon enough
Channel Islands blog - part 1

Apologies that it is a while since the BHC visited the Channel Islands and the blog has failed to appear but I was on holiday in Devon between the Guernsey and Wiscombe rounds in a cottage with no internet and no phone signal - in a way it was bliss not to be interrupted every few minutes but the downside came every day when we went to civilisation and the phones erupted!!

Anyway just to say that the first part of my blog, from Jersey, is now online here and will be closely followed by others for Guernsey and Wiscombe.
Old 29-07-15, 08:36

Lolat492 will become famous soon enough Lolat492 will become famous soon enough
Great as ever, when you have not been there this year to these venues, this blog brings them home!
Excellent!,
Graham.
Old 29-07-15, 08:51

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
I disagree Graham.
The mention of our late friend and hillclimber Mark Colton wasn't necessary in this blog. Nor was the mention of other venues and speculative ponderings on ifs and maybes..
A factual blog reporting on events yes, but I don't really think the first part of the latest blog was fitting.
Old 29-07-15, 08:59

Hasta is a jewel in the rough Hasta is a jewel in the rough Hasta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolat492 View Post
Great as ever, when you have not been there this year to these venues, this blog brings them home!
Excellent!,
Graham.

Not this time in my opinion . A little too much Daily Mail

Hasta
Old 29-07-15, 09:27
Born to talk all day :-)

The Voice is on a distinguished road
WTF is this guy on???....I don't think I have ever felt so negative after having read something about our sport as this....I hear rumblings of despair in the ranks too....chin up everyone.....I think we all know how to deal with this :-)
Old 29-07-15, 09:39

Faye Kinnit is on a distinguished road
Having read the blog I totally agree with Fireblade the references to fatalities were really unnecessary. It seemed to portray hillclimbing in a negative light, I appreciate your views however I feel anyone who knows little about our sport may be dissuaded to join in our fun after reading your blog. Yes we are all fully aware of the risks involved and whether you are an official or driver you know how to respect the hill. I am so impressed by the attitude of venues to work with the MSA to make venues safer but I feel you need more. Please let's not spoil it and turn it in to a Silverstone. I will be writing to the owners and admin of Uphill Racers with regards to this

Last edited by Faye Kinnit; 29-07-15 at 10:03.
Old 29-07-15, 10:02

fiestajohn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faye Kinnit View Post
I will be writing to the owners and admin of Uphill Racers it's regards to this
Eh? It's a personal blog, it has nothing to do with Uphill Racers forum.

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about, I thought it was a good read, as usual.
Old 29-07-15, 10:09

OliW is on a distinguished road
It's one man's blog, his perspective, his thoughts, not all of which everyone will like or agree with. It's nothing to do with Uphill Racers, save that it is linked here.
Old 29-07-15, 10:19

dopdog will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestajohn View Post

Personally I don't see what all the fuss is about, I thought it was a good read, as usual.
I agree personally I thought it was a great read as always. Did I miss something in the reading or was it in fact factual and a true report of what his experiences were.

Looking forward to the next instalment already and thank you for taking the time to write this blog.

Feel free to disregard other comments as they fail to grasp the concept of subjective reporting
Old 29-07-15, 10:25
Super Moderator

Moderator is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliW View Post
It's nothing to do with Uphill Racers, save that it is linked here.
It has plenty to do with Uphillracers. This site belongs to a small number of individuals who absorb all of the costs annually to provide a facility which others often use as a means to broaden readership of their work elsewhere.

The moment any member does that we are in the chain and could be liable in the event of any legal challenge as we have provided a facility.

The ultimate decision about who posts what on here is down to the site owners.