Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Technical > Rules & Reg's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 18-08-15, 15:46
siany1997's Avatar
siany1997 siany1997 is offline
Mmmmm........
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Little Egypt
Posts: 907
siany1997 will become famous soon enough
Back on subject, is there a cost implication for organisers/clubs in terms of A licence meetings in conjunction with B licence meetings ?
__________________
All bound for moo moo land
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 18-08-15, 18:44
andylaurence's Avatar
andylaurence andylaurence is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bristol
Posts: 1,536
andylaurence will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo View Post
May be, but looking at the results it seems that they got 6 runs at Croft with the quickest time being a Radical SR4 at 1:30...which is a damn sight more track time than we generally get. So value for money in that respect is much better. Also you can wear any helmet, no fireproofs and no gloves, so you can save £300+ there too (the argument as to whether you want to skimp on safety can be had elsewhere, personally I think it's foolish to have a cheap helmet and no nomex).

I don't think it's a viable alternative for most people at the minute (especially with a 102dB limit), but with a few tweeks and some more events then it may well be worth looking at.
If you want track time, do a test day. If you want competition, then for me it seems that an MSA Sprint is more likely to have someone to compete against. Of course, I could use part throttle past the drive by sensor and run at half revs to pass the static test if I wanted an EfBTDBTDBTD trophy at a Javelin sprint.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 19-08-15, 16:31
Mr Jan Yeo's Avatar
Mr Jan Yeo Mr Jan Yeo is offline
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 500
Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andylaurence View Post
If you want track time, do a test day. If you want competition, then for me it seems that an MSA Sprint is more likely to have someone to compete against. Of course, I could use part throttle past the drive by sensor and run at half revs to pass the static test if I wanted an EfBTDBTDBTD trophy at a Javelin sprint.
Test day isn't as clear cut on timing. As for competition, like I said in my previous post I don't see it as a viable alternative for the minute, but if the MSA keep introducing regs that discourage people then you will see more people on the Javelin route....plus if you want competition, then why not just get a Mini?
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 19-08-15, 17:14
vision89's Avatar
vision89 vision89 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 183
vision89 is on a distinguished road
The IOPD events are a great way for people to get a taste of the sport without buying all the stuff which is mandate with the MSA or like me your only free two or three weekends a year you can still take the cars out for a bit of fun without it costing to much as for no competition my son and I took many BTDBTDBTD with the Vision and even with the Ralt which is only 200bhp I managed one at the weekend at Curborough so I'm sure we can give some one as talented as you Andy a run for your money. I'm not saying the MSA are wrong but they do seem to be trying to put the squeeze on.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 19-08-15, 21:48
Lawrie C Lawrie C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 100
Lawrie C is on a distinguished road
Isn't one of their rules to give a years notice of changes.

I only do between 3 and 6 events a year. I want 3 years
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 22-08-15, 17:54
lakeslad's Avatar
lakeslad lakeslad is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: lake district
Posts: 170
lakeslad is on a distinguished road
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact you need a NatA to run a sports libre car, has a knock on effect to the selling of the car, as potential buyer must already have a nat A to run the car, not as when I bought my car nat b and then I upgraded as I ran the car.
Is it a slow way and deliberate plot by the RAC to get rid of the sports libre class, in much the same way as home made specials disappeared in rallying, ie andy buttons cosworth peugeot cos it was not a manufactures car with a ncap crash rating.....or am I just being..............a realist.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 22-08-15, 22:17
Lawrie C Lawrie C is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 100
Lawrie C is on a distinguished road
How come I started in roadgoing 20 years ago and after a brief spell in modified (slicks!) I've progressed to errrrmmm roadgoing.

I must be able to reclaim thousands of pounds
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 23-08-15, 04:13
kano nordie kano nordie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kano Nigeria
Posts: 1,153
kano nordie has a spectacular aura about kano nordie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeslad View Post
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact you need a NatA to run a sports libre car, has a knock on effect to the selling of the car, as potential buyer must already have a nat A to run the car, not as when I bought my car nat b and then I upgraded as I ran the car.
Is it a slow way and deliberate plot by the RAC to get rid of the sports libre class, in much the same way as home made specials disappeared in rallying, ie andy buttons cosworth peugeot cos it was not a manufactures car with a ncap crash rating.....or am I just being..............a realist.
I suspect its just the way MSA operate, change a rule, get the license holder to pay more money for doing what has been done for many years, if you want to continue they will hold you by the pubic hairs until you say enough
No vote, consultation or democracy
John
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 23-08-15, 09:37
Radical's Avatar
Radical Radical is offline
Ex Radical owner
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,445
Radical has a spectacular aura about Radical has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by kano nordie View Post
I suspect its just the way MSA operate, change a rule, get the license holder to pay more money for doing what has been done for many years, if you want to continue they will hold you by the pubic hairs until you say enough
No vote, consultation or democracy
John
I have to disagree, there is consultation, this proposed rule change is an example.

If you disagree or can think of better then reply to the consultation via the email provided in the consultation notice.

Also all the MSA officials from the ruling council downwards and contacts are given either in the Blue book or on the MSA website to let your views and ideas be known.

We are each all small gogs in a big sport the MSA needs to look at "the bigger picture". Of course they dont always get it right, hence the consultation.....

I will admit they are not very good at making their consultation widely known and even worse at explaining their reasoning, but it does happen.
__________________
2015 the year of the V8 postponed again
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 23-08-15, 11:42
kano nordie kano nordie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kano Nigeria
Posts: 1,153
kano nordie has a spectacular aura about kano nordie has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical View Post
I have to disagree, there is consultation, this proposed rule change is an example.

If you disagree or can think of better then reply to the consultation via the email provided in the consultation notice.

Having disagreed, sent in your reply and got your acknowledgment you will not know if yours was the only dissent or were there hundreds and because you don't know when the new ruling come out anyway you will always be left thinking I wasted my time


I will admit they are not very good at making their consultation widely known and even worse at explaining their reasoning, but it does happen.
I don't know about you? but I would like a lot more feedback to feel a part of something I am very passionate about
John
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 18:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright© 2007-2018 Uphill Racers www.uphillracers.com