Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Events > Shows & Exhibitions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-15, 19:49

SBickley is on a distinguished road
You would think that the organisers could trust the average motorsport enthusiast to realise that the top Hillclimb cars are built for this exact thing whilst the other categories are not.
And although worth a considerable amount, are not worth the millions that the more headline worthy cars are so will be pushed harder and therefore faster!
Old 12-07-15, 20:58
Skoda leg end

Alpinepg will become famous soon enough Alpinepg will become famous soon enough
I can't believe this thread is still going....Goodwood FS is a car show with some live action based around a small hillclimb that probably isn't that safe for the top hillclimb cars....in the same way that the organisers no longer let the F1 cars go up at full chat. Honestly...half the people on here thought enforcing HANS devices for people driving 100bhp Minis and the like was a good idea....I can't believe many people think it would be a good idea to send 700bhp single seaters up Goodwood hill. I was surprised they let things like the Pikes Peak cars up this year....so they're built for a much bigger rougher hill but they are capable of serious speed and would have a massive accident if they strayed from the course.
Old 12-07-15, 21:51

fatboyslim has a spectacular aura about fatboyslim has a spectacular aura about
plenty of drivers,including well known professionals, must think its safe as lots were not wearing their "essential" FHR's even though they were going a lot quicker than my shed can ever go .mr button didn't even need ovvies or a lid