Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Hillclimb > British Hillclimb Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 31-07-12, 08:14

Roger Jordan is on a distinguished road
Wiscombe Record

Congratulatios to Trevor Willis on a superb new outright record at Wiscombe Park, not content with breaking Adam Fleetwood`s long standing record once (40.10) he did it again with a time of 33.92 becoming the first competitor to break the 33 secs mark, and he made it look SO easy and a most unassuming driver at that , very well done.
Old 31-07-12, 11:20
Spectacularly admonished

iranoff will become famous soon enough iranoff will become famous soon enough
A stunning achievement, and were you aware that he nearly abandoned the last run as the engine was turning over slowly and seemed to be tight as they tried to get it going prior to tyre-warming. Even when it eventually fired up he thought on about the potential consequences of taking the run, but then the competitive spirit kicked in and he went for it.

He told me that the cause would need to be investigated before setting off for Craigantlet and there would not be much time to do this as he is travelling early on Friday.
Old 31-07-12, 11:47

DaveK is on a distinguished road
Eddie
How many class records went ? i'm aware of the 1600 and 600 s/seater ones, but did many others go ?
Old 31-07-12, 12:40
Out

Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
I didn't even think he looked the quickest over the bottom of the hill up to the gate....just shows what I know! Very impressive time, glad he broke into the 33s, bet it'd be frustrating to walk away from the event on a 34.01.
Old 31-07-12, 19:08

andy short is on a distinguished road
we were stood right by trevor when he started the car for the runnoff it didnt seem right straight away he sat and revved the oms a couple of times whilst pressing some buttons on the steering wheel ???
then seemed to be happy with whatever it changed and was off ,what a cool dude !!!
Old 31-07-12, 20:40

MikeBeattie is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy short View Post
we were stood right by trevor when he started the car for the runnoff it didnt seem right straight away he sat and revved the oms a couple of times whilst pressing some buttons on the steering wheel ???
then seemed to be happy with whatever it changed and was off ,what a cool dude !!!
He was probably just trying to check his On-Line balance at Nat West
Old 01-08-12, 10:22

mx125 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Was the starting battery charged ?
Old 01-08-12, 12:08
Out

Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx125 View Post
Was the starting battery charged ?
The car fired up alright off the slave but didn't quite sound on song. At first I thought that he couldn't get it into gear. The car had to be towed back to the pits when he came back down the hill too, not sure whether that was related or not.
Old 02-08-12, 10:48

Jordysport is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jan Yeo View Post
I didn't even think he looked the quickest over the bottom of the hill up to the gate....just shows what I know! Very impressive time, glad he broke into the 33s, bet it'd be frustrating to walk away from the event on a 34.01.
It wasn't that quick up to Bunnys but got the fastest sector, some were hitting bunnys in 8 seconds, Trevor was in the in low 9's at that point.

Quote:
Yes i was also very worried about that when i had a gander in the cockpit on the line looked like it was either map settings or TC settings.

Congrats to Trevor was great to see the record go after all these years.