Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Hillclimb > Leaders Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 23-01-10, 11:53
tyrekicker

dennis.doyle is on a distinguished road
I really don't think this is an MSA problem - they outsourced it.

It seems that even the (relatively) well-connected have difficulty naming it & publishing info. & no wonder that most of us don’t know what it is.

There is absolutely nothing to stop anyone publishing information that is “in the public domain”, e.g. was posted to you.

So, if you want more people to know what’s going on, take part, give you some competition in your class, not lose points because there aren’t enough competitors in your class, etc. why not upload the regs, results, etc. absolutely anywhere.

What's the downside?
Old 23-01-10, 12:08

PaulR is on a distinguished road
I'm pretty sure that the regs for the British/Leaders/Midland aren't published yet. So all is moot. It would be very unhelpful to have more than one version available.

Paul
Old 23-01-10, 12:10

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta View Post
The MSA charges a fee for all championships . As for retaining the trophy it will all depend on who actually owns the trophy. Having had an insight into the murky past of some of the trophys in circulation, it would probably take an army of lawyers several years to prove owns what .

Hasta
There is a Franchise Fee payable to run not only the BHC but also the Leaders and this is negotiated for several years at a time. This is as well as the annual championship fee. I understand that the current Franchise for the BHC and the Leaders terminates at the end of 2011.

The trophy for the Hillclimb Leaders is held by the MSA and is on display at Motor Sports House alongside the Hillclimb Championship Trophy.
Old 23-01-10, 12:26
tyrekicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
I'm pretty sure that the regs for the British/Leaders/Midland aren't published yet. So all is moot. It would be very unhelpful to have more than one version available.

Paul
I thought there was supposedly some stability in regs., e.g. a year before mooted changes were accepted? The MSA (bless ‘em) had about a year of discussion on the categories. I’d hope there might be some discussion on the classes & capacity splits. Why would anyone want to build a (hypothetical) ~£15K 1400cc Hyabusa if there was going to be a 1300cc split?

Why not get it out in the open. The first event is 3 months away - this is complete nonsense.
Old 23-01-10, 12:54

Steve Wilkinson will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis.doyle View Post
I thought there was supposedly some stability in regs., e.g. a year before mooted changes were accepted? The MSA (bless ‘em) had about a year of discussion on the categories. I’d hope there might be some discussion on the classes & capacity splits. Why would anyone want to build a (hypothetical) ~£15K 1400cc Hyabusa if there was going to be a 1300cc split?

Why not get it out in the open. The first event is 3 months away - this is complete nonsense.
First the MSA do not specify capacity splits within Categories those are implimented at Championship level and are thus not the responsibility of the MSA.

Second the regulations reffered to by Paul are the CHAMPIONSHIP regulations not the Blue Book.

Finally there is supposed to be stability however the MSA seem to have got its knickers in a twist over several points. It would appear that accross disciplines there were contradictions in the Blue Book over what was and wasn't legal. Thus there are several "clarifications" in the pipeline which will be applicable this coming season. These problems arose because the blue Book has been the subject of a major re-write.
Old 23-01-10, 13:07
tyrekicker

Steve,

My point in my last & previous posts was that it was NOT an MSA problem. The problem is that no one one will publicise the Leaders Championship regs.

A couple of straight questions, over 50 posts & no straight answers – think that sums it up.
Old 23-01-10, 13:27

Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough Fireblade is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasta View Post
Having had an insight into the murky past of some of the trophys in circulation, it would probably take an army of lawyers several years to prove owns what .
Hasta
Enough for a mini series there, you couldn't make it up as fiction.
Old 23-01-10, 13:55

PaulR is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A couple of straight questions, over 50 posts & no straight answers – think that sums it up.
I'm not sure what your problem is. The OP's question was answered in post 2 and the championship and event regulations are not not published yet.

At the moment all that publicly exists is a proposed schedule of events. If you want Leaders regs then call Tony and he'll send them when available. If you want to know why the regs aren't published yet then call Tony.

Paul
Old 23-01-10, 15:59
Official cake tester

Rescue Dude will become famous soon enough
The hillclimb leaders regs are in the same booklet as the British regs.