Uphill Racers

Go Back   Uphill Racers > Hillclimb > Leaders Championship
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Downloads Mark Forums Read

Old 16-03-16, 09:44

stepasidetim is on a distinguished road
2015 Helmets

Orderd a new helmet (2015) last December with our leading supplier I was told Feb delivery then March then 15th April and now May.As I intend d0ing Prescott in April this has become a problem.Anyone else having this issue and what to do about it?
Old 16-03-16, 09:55

Gregbarton is on a distinguished road
I'm having similar changes in the expected delivery!
Old 16-03-16, 10:05

sevaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepasidetim View Post
Orderd a new helmet (2015) last December with our leading supplier I was told Feb delivery then March then 15th April and now May.As I intend d0ing Prescott in April this has become a problem.Anyone else having this issue and what to do about it?

I'm afraid I would have cancelled my order by now and purchased elsewhere. If the supplier is a leading motorsport dealer he should be well aware of season deadlines and done something about the situation long before now

Rich
Old 16-03-16, 11:42

DaveK is on a distinguished road
Not much you can do when the supplier in question can't manufacture the helmets.
Its as frustrating for the suppliers as well , as we can only give customers the info that we are given by the suppliers , and to repeatedly change delivery dates as each one comes up !!!!!!!!
We are all aware of the season dates Rich , but in certain cases its completely out of our hands
Old 16-03-16, 11:56

salexander is on a distinguished road
I got the same story from my supplier last week, they have back orders with a number of manufacturers and the delivery dates keep getting moved back. There shouldn't be the same issue with 2010 spec helmets.
Old 16-03-16, 13:52
Out

Mr Jan Yeo is on a distinguished road
Ordered a Hedtec a few weeks back and received it within a few days.
Old 16-03-16, 14:14

Dan Friel will become famous soon enough
Bell helmets has had a major problem following their factory move from China to Bahrain. Apparently the "2015" helmets will mostly start to arrive in April.
Old 16-03-16, 15:14

oldman is on a distinguished road
Helmets

I think a lot of people are having the same problem, just wondering if the MSA should be asked to give a little and put the dates back six months. I'm sure most Helmets that are now illegal are still perfectly satisfactory for another season.
Old 16-03-16, 20:17

Dave P is on a distinguished road
I'm having the same issue but my supplier (mid April delivery expected now) but they have offered to supply me with a suitable helmet FOC for an April event if the one ordered hasn't turned up.
Old 16-03-16, 21:23

sevaun will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveK View Post
Not much you can do when the supplier in question can't manufacture the helmets.
Its as frustrating for the suppliers as well , as we can only give customers the info that we are given by the suppliers , and to repeatedly change delivery dates as each one comes up !!!!!!!!
We are all aware of the season dates Rich , but in certain cases its completely out of our hands
I wasn't having a pop Dave just being candid. I work in the distribution business as well (although Pneumatics not Motorsport) so I understand your frustration as a retailer being in the middle of the transaction. Having said that I still maintain that end user suppliers should bend over backwards to meet promised deadlines as near as possible and offer alternatives if original lead times become exceptionally extended and the customer shouldn't be the one to do the chasing.

Rich