View Single Post
Old 26-04-17, 16:38
ben240z is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AshM View Post
I find a tyre warming ban odd for alleged noise issues as the car is not likely to be making any more noise then the launch or a full power plus upshift. Plus tyre warming can be done in a controlled area.

Most of the noise generated is related to engine power (as well as silencer performance) and tyre warming is not usually done at full power.

Ok its another occurrence of noise during the day but I wouldn't have thought its the loudest. But if someone has evidence I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

For the spectator the tyre warming is a good sight and for the competitor there are benefits for tyres and mental prep.
Every 25 seconds (roughly) during the day someone will be tyre warming which generates engine noise and the tyres squealing. One of the complaints in particular was the constant tyre noise.
Stopping tyre warming at Gurston reduced the noise levels in the paddock and site considerably to the extent that competitors noticed that they could sit in the paddock area and have a conversation during the meeting. The pa was turned down. It made a big difference in noise levels.
And it did not bring on the prophesised " Hollow being littered with crashed cars OR WORSE" that was predicted by a certain Mallock pilot.
Thoughts are my own and do not represent those of Barcsw