Uphill Racers

Uphill Racers (http://www.uphillracers.com/forum.php)
-   Rules & Reg's (http://www.uphillracers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   MSA Production Tyre Panel (http://www.uphillracers.com/showthread.php?t=14697)

GrahamV 11-09-17 13:53

MSA Production Tyre Panel

I believe the MSA are holding the Production Tyre Panel meeting today at their HQ in Colnbrook..... looking at what tyres will be 'listed' for 2018. :eek:

Does anybody have any clues on what changes we can expect?

john m 11-09-17 19:50

If they had any sense they would get rid of lists A,B and C and just lets use E mark or not - then everyone throughout the regions are all on the same page -Javelin(you know your increasingly successful competition)do it and it works

Alpinepg 11-09-17 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by john m (Post 142511)
If they had any sense they would get rid of lists A,B and C and just lets use E mark or not - then everyone throughout the regions are all on the same page -Javelin(you know your increasingly successful competition)do it and it works

What a ridiculous suggestion....this is the MSA they will pick tyres on a random basis with no consideration for the competitor or championship organisers!! Ideally they will add a number of very popular tyres to list 1c to cause maximum pain :D

GrahamV 11-09-17 21:45

Word on the street ....

'Extreme VR1 to be added to List 1B' .... 'Extreme VR2 stay on List 1B'...... I'm happy !

'.... Some other tyres to fall off the lists'.

john m 11-09-17 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpinepg (Post 142512)
What a ridiculous suggestion....this is the MSA they will pick tyres on a random basis with no consideration for the competitor or championship organisers!! Ideally they will add a number of very popular tyres to list 1c to cause maximum pain :D

You are missing my point-E Mark as the only proviso for production motor sport would take the choices out of the MSA"s hands -basically all road tyres will qualify

Alpinepg 11-09-17 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by john m (Post 142514)
You are missing my point-E Mark as the only proviso for production motor sport would take the choices out of the MSA"s hands -basically all road tyres will qualify

and you are missing my point...when did the MSA ever give a F about what the real world or what anyone else wanted or thought was reasonable!!!?

Steve Wilkinson 12-09-17 08:24

... and there was me thinking it was the tyre manufacturers who applied to have their tyres on the various lists!

Alpinepg 12-09-17 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Wilkinson (Post 142516)
... and there was me thinking it was the tyre manufacturers who applied to have their tyres on the various lists!

So are you suggesting tyre manufacturers apply to have their tyres listed on list 1c (so they can lose sales)?

Steve Wilkinson 12-09-17 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpinepg (Post 142517)
So are you suggesting tyre manufacturers apply to have their tyres listed on list 1c (so they can lose sales)?

No I am suggesting they apply to be on 1A and 1B, I was under the impression 1C was a catch-all.

onomatopoeia 12-09-17 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by john m (Post 142511)

Black, round, road legal, radial should be the requirements, with period exemptions to "radial" for older vehicles.

None of this endless, ever changing lists business. Basically what the ASWMC ran until S&HSC / speed events committee imposed the categories and therefore the blue book technical regs for roadgoing which in turn imposed the tyre lists.

I still regard that regulation change as a mistake in as far as it applies to tyres.